[GIT PULL] iommu: Kill off pgsize_bitmap field from struct iommu_ops

Joerg Roedel joro at 8bytes.org
Wed Apr 1 08:53:51 PDT 2015

Hi Will,

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:53:40PM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> Joerg: are you still against merging this? If so, what do you need to
> see in order to change your mind? This is certainly something that we
> need on ARM-based systems and, tbh, the direction that the IOMMU core is
> going seems to be towards a N:1 domain:IOMMU mapping anyway (c.f. your
> series to embed struct iommu_domain in a driver-private data structure).

What I want is consistent behavior between drivers. Until now I tried to
push for the domain concept, which allows to attach arbitrary devices to
a domain. This patch-set makes it impossible to achieve this goal,
that's why I am resistant against it.

We can discuss moving into another direction with the IOMMU-API, and
re-evaluate then if this patch-set is still required.

	Joerg