FIX Me in pgtable.h

Laura Abbott lauraa at codeaurora.org
Tue Sep 23 20:21:51 PDT 2014

On 9/23/2014 6:04 AM, nick wrote:
> Greetings Arm Maintainers,
> I am wondering about the fix me in pgtable.h for define kern_addr_valid and how to set it to a correct
> value as you state that this needs to be fixed as the defined macro is still 1. This is probably incorrect
> and should be changed.
> Thanks,
> Nick

It's not clear to me how valuable fixing kern_addr_valid would actually
be for arm. It seems to be used in exactly one place, fs/proc/kcore.c
and the associated Kconfig is explicitly marked if !ARM. Nearly all
other archs minus x86, arm64 and sparc are in the same boat as well.

Thanks,
Laura

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora
Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation