[PATCH] regulator: remove unnecessary of_node_get() to parent
axel.lin at ingics.com
Tue Sep 9 21:20:00 PDT 2014
2014-09-10 11:50 GMT+08:00 Guodong Xu <guodong.xu at linaro.org>:
> These of_node_get() were added to balance refcount decrements inside of
> See: commit c92f5dd2c42f ("regulator: Add missing of_node_put()")
> However of_find_node_by_name() was then replaced by of_get_child_by_name(),
> which doesn't call of_node_put() against its input parameter.
> So, need to remove these unnecessary of_node_get() calls.
The of_node_get() and of_node_put() is a pair.
You need to either keep both or remove both.
I think either the comment of of_get_child_by_name() needs fix or the
needs fix. The implementation does not increment refcount.
* of_get_child_by_name - Find the child node by name for a given parent
* @node: parent node
* @name: child name to look for.
* This function looks for child node for given matching name
* Returns a node pointer if found, with refcount incremented, use
* of_node_put() on it when done.
* Returns NULL if node is not found.
struct device_node *of_get_child_by_name(const struct device_node *node,
const char *name)
struct device_node *child;
if (child->name && (of_node_cmp(child->name, name) == 0))
More information about the linux-arm-kernel