Unable to boot mainline on snow chromebook since 3.15

Javier Martinez Canillas javier.martinez at collabora.co.uk
Sun Sep 7 23:09:35 PDT 2014

Hello Doug,

On 09/08/2014 06:36 AM, Doug Anderson wrote:

> One (ugly?) solution would be to add a feature to your bootloader to
> modify the device tree to mark regulators as "always-on".  Since the
> booloader gets to touch the device tree and the bootloader is involved
> in communicating into about SimpleFB, it kinda makes sense.

I can't say I like to mark the regulators as always-on on the DT and that's
why I copied the patch in the response instead of posting it as a proper patch
but I think relying in the bootloaders to modify the DT is not better.

IMHO U-boot should only modify the strictly necessary like the /chosen branch
even though lately I've seen some attempts in the OMAP community to (ab)use
U-Boot's fdt command to mangle the DT before passing to the kernel in order to
support different Beagle Bone Black capes.

Best regards,
Javier