Unable to boot mainline on snow chromebook since 3.15

Doug Anderson dianders at chromium.org
Sun Sep 7 21:43:25 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Tomasz Figa <tomasz.figa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now with regulators this is pretty straightforward, but with clocks I
> believe it's an open issue. AFAIR we've discussed this on MLs some time
> ago (at least I remember Doug commenting on that topic) and kind of
> concluded that SoC clock drivers could include lists of clocks to be
> enabled at boot-up (as a HACK to enable things like simplefb until
> proper support for respective features are added).

I think my old problem was with earlyprintk and a core clock getting
disabled.  See (44ff025 clk: exynos5420: Remove aclk66_peric from the
clock tree description).  I think I've seen others solve the same
problem with the concept of "critical clocks".

I agree that regulator and clock frameworks allow very different "hacks".  ;)

-Doug