[PATCH v3 0/9] PM / Domains: Generic OF-based support
ulf.hansson at linaro.org
Thu Sep 4 06:52:27 PDT 2014
Changes in v3:
- Aligned on terminology, now using "PM domain" in comments and commit
- Improved English and grammar in comments and commit messages/headers.
- Adopted proposal from Geert, to have compile-time-check wrapper
functions for the API that adds xlate_simple and xlate_onecell
- Renamed "domain_num" to "num_domains", in genpd_onecell_data struct.
- Handle non-contiguous arrays for onecell PM domain providers.
- Rebased the Exynos patch to follow the new genpd API changes.
Changes in v2:
- Fix the ACPI patch, it didn't even compile for CONFIG_ACPI.
- Updated some comments in code and in commit messages.
- Fixed the dev_pm_domain_attach API to handle EPROBE_DEFER properly.
- Rebased the ARM Exynos patch.
- Added some Tested-by tags.
This patchset has a bit of a history and some parts of it has been posted
In the first revision I intentially didn't increase version number of the
patches, since I think it would have cause more confusion than clarity.
A summary of changes in V1 and since the last patchset, from the link above:
- Instead of letting driver core handling the device to power domain
binding/unbinding, follow the behavior of how the ACPI power domain
This is a summary of what these patches are intended to do:
Add generic power domain OF-based support which also includes APIs to handle
attach/detach of generic power domains to devices.
Adding a common API to attach/detach power domains and include support for the
ACPI and the generic power domain in there.
>From subsystem level code, at probe/remove, convert from invoking the ACPI
specific power domain attach/detach functions to the new common attach/detach
Add support for the AMBA bus to attach/detach power domains, using the new
Convert Exynos to use the new generic power domain OF support.
Obviously, there are dependencies througout this patchset, which means if they
get accepted the all need to go together. It might also be convenient to share
them through an immutable branch.
Tomasz Figa (2):
PM / Domains: Add generic OF-based PM domain look-up
ARM: exynos: Move to generic PM domain DT bindings
Ulf Hansson (7):
ACPI / PM: Let acpi_dev_pm_detach() return an error code
PM / Domains: Add APIs to attach/detach a PM domain for a device
drivercore / platform: Convert to dev_pm_domain_attach|detach()
i2c: core: Convert to dev_pm_domain_attach|detach()
mmc: sdio: Convert to dev_pm_domain_attach|detach()
spi: core: Convert to dev_pm_domain_attach|detach()
amba: Add support for attach/detach of PM domains
.../bindings/arm/exynos/power_domain.txt | 13 +-
.../devicetree/bindings/power/power_domain.txt | 49 ++++
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm_domains.c | 78 +-----
drivers/acpi/device_pm.c | 8 +-
drivers/amba/bus.c | 10 +-
drivers/base/platform.c | 15 +-
drivers/base/power/common.c | 56 ++++
drivers/base/power/domain.c | 291 +++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c | 13 +-
drivers/mmc/core/sdio_bus.c | 4 +-
drivers/spi/spi.c | 12 +-
include/linux/acpi.h | 7 +-
include/linux/pm.h | 14 +
include/linux/pm_domain.h | 57 ++++
kernel/power/Kconfig | 4 +
15 files changed, 524 insertions(+), 107 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power/power_domain.txt
More information about the linux-arm-kernel