[SMP BUG?] the return value of is_smp() is bug?

Peter Maydell peter.maydell at linaro.org
Thu Sep 4 01:33:43 PDT 2014

On 4 September 2014 02:13, long.wanglong <long.wanglong at huawei.com> wrote:
> When i revert the commit bc41b8724f24, the secondary core can boot.
> The problem is that qemu doesn't provide emulation of the SCU base
> address register. When reading the SCU base, qemu just return 0.

You need to upgrade your QEMU -- we improved the emulation
of all our Cortex-A9 boards to make sure they set valid values
for the base address register, in order to fix exactly this regression.
QEMU 2.0 or later should work.

(As an aside, I think the Aegis quirk test is pretty ugly:
"base address happens to be set to zero" is not exactly
a very reliable way to identify a particular SoC. However
in this case QEMU was emulating real h/w insufficiently
accurately, so we fixed it.)

thanks
-- PMM