mx28 battery charger support

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:20:04 PDT 2014

Hi Alexandre,

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Alexandre Belloni
<alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a look at the battery charger on i.mx28. Is there any
> mainline driver or any attempt at mainlining a driver? The IP is not
> documented in the i.MX28 Applications Processor Reference Manual but
> there is an existing driver in the Linux 2.6.35 sources from Freescale [1].
>
> I would love not being stuck with such an old version ;)
>
> [1] http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-2.6-imx.git/tree/drivers/power/mxs?h=imx_2.6.35_maintain

I haven't seen any patches for upstreaming the battery charger on mxs yet..

In this discussion Robert Schwebel reports to be using a mainline
kernel with the battery charger driver on mx23:
https://community.freescale.com/thread/312468

Adding Robert in case he could comment on this.

Regards,

Fabio Estevam