ARM: mx28: cpufreq-cpu0 support?

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:13:01 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Stefan Wahren <info at lategoodbye.de> wrote:

> thanks again. Now i unterstand much more, but otherwise the portation won't
> be straight forward. The old source in drivers/regulator/mxs-regulator.c
> needs a low level part located in arch/arm/plat-mx28/power.c . As far as i
> know, the low level part needs to move into the devicetree binding and into
> the mxs-regulator.c . Am i right?

Yes, I think you are right.

> Yesterday i had looked into the mx28 reference manual and into the low level
> part of the mxs regulator. The reference manual defines four voltage
> regulators: vddd, vdda, vddio and vddmem plus a overall current regulator.
> But the low level part make use of vddd, vdda, vddio, vddio_bo and the
> overall current.
>
> Do i need the brown out regulator (vddio_bo) and the vddmem?

As far as I understand vddmem is not used on mx28evk. From the mx28
reference manual;

"11.12.8 VDDMEM Supply Targets Control Register
(HW_POWER_VDDMEMCTRL)
This register controls the voltage target for a memory supply
generated from VDDA. This
supply is intended for use with external memories such as LV-DDR that
have unique voltage
requirements not compatible with VDDIO, VDDA , or VDDD."