[BISECTED] arm: mvebu: Kernel hang after ae9304c9d311 if OF_SELFTEST=y

Arnaud Ebalard arno at natisbad.org
Thu Oct 23 14:52:22 PDT 2014

Hi,

>>> It would be interesting to have a feedback of a kernel with an appended dtb
>>> and OF_SELFTEST enabled to a different platform (ie non mvebu). Then we
>>> will know if it something related to mvebu or to the device tree support.
>>>
>>> I will try to see if I can do this.
>>
>> I can test that on a kirkwood (6282) this evening.
>
> FWIW, the problem does not only show up on Armada 370 but also on
> kirwood. I just tested it on a ReadyNAS Duo v2. I do not have any
> other non-mvebu platform at hand ATM. I'll try and see if I can
> find some ARM board to boot a recent kernel tomorrow.

Ok, I just built an u-boot and two 3.17.1 kernels for versatile express,
which I then loaded via qemu. The result is the same as for mvebu, i.e.
w/o OF_SELFTEST the first kernel just boots as expected and the second
kernel compiled w/ OF_SELFTEST hangs. Both kernels are built w/ appended
dtb support.

Cheers,

a+