[RFC] drop owner assignment from platform_drivers

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Oct 10 12:42:21 PDT 2014

On Friday 10 October 2014 20:26:05 Wolfram Sang wrote:

> You got me wondering, though, that it could not be correct to call
> platform_driver_register() from the platform core instead of module
> init. I will check tomorrow. Still, this would be a bug independent of
> my series. Although I'd need to respin it if platform_driver_probe()
> needed a fix.

Right, this seems to be a preexisting bug. platform_create_bundle
and platform_driver_probe will both overwrite the .owner field with
NULL since they live in builtin code. They need to be replaced with
__platform_driver_probe and __platform_driver_register that both
take an extra owner argument passed down from the caller in the driver
module.

	Arnd