ARM: mvebu: ethernet packets corruption and I/O coherency

Francesco Dolcini francesco at dolcini.it
Tue Nov 18 06:25:20 PST 2014

Hi Thomas and all,
I have seen your patches ("ARM: mvebu: no I/O coherency on non-SMP and
related updates") regarding I/O coherency and I think it might be
related to a problem I am experiencing.

I do have a custom board based on Marvell Armada 370 running kernel
3.13.11 and I see random outgoing ethernet packet corruption (about 1
packet every some million) using mvneta driver.

I have tried linux kernel 3.17 without any improvement.

What do you think? Can you backport the fix to 3.13 kernel?

Regards,
	Francesco