exynos5250/arndale: failed to set cpu voltage

Abhilash Kesavan kesavan.abhilash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:50:12 PST 2014

Hello Tyler,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Tyler Baker <tyler.baker at linaro.org> wrote:
> In recent upstream kernels, exynos5420-based arndale boards have been

Boot logs are only for 5250, typo ?

> producing boot-time errors due to the fact they failed to set the cpu
> voltage. These message flood the serial console even after userspace
> has been loaded, yielding the console unusable without forcing a lower
> log level. These errors are produced _only_ with the
> multi_v7_defconfig and they are _not_ present
> with exynos_defconfig. Here are some recent boot logs showing the boot errors:
>
> mainline/v3.18-rc4-65-g2c54396:
>     multi_v7_defconfig:
>         http://storage.armcloud.us/kernel-ci/mainline/v3.18-rc4-65-g2c54396/arm-multi_v7_defconfig/boot-exynos5250-arndale.html
>     exynos_defconfig:
>         http://storage.armcloud.us/kernel-ci/mainline/v3.18-rc4-65-g2c54396/arm-exynos_defconfig/boot-exynos5250-arndale.html

>From the boot logs it appears that the S5M8767 regulator does not get
probed with multi_v7_defconfig and you get the following messages:

[    1.147412] deviceless supply vdd_arm not found, using dummy regulator
[    1.152669] exynos-cpufreq exynos-cpufreq: failed to set cpu
voltage to 1300000
[    1.159771] cpufreq: __target_index: Failed to change cpu frequency: -22

Both multi_v7_defconfig and exynos_defconfig have the S5M8767
regulator enabled. However multi_v7_defconfig does not have the S3C
I2C controller enabled while exynos_defconfig does.
Can you re-check after enabling CONFIG_I2C_S3C2410 ?

Regards,
Abhilash