Network timing (?) problems since kernel 3.12

Markus Krebs mk at drkrebs.de
Sun Nov 9 07:15:57 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm using a Sheevaplug (Marvell Kirkwood) with an USB-Stick for storage
as a server. Since kernel 3.12 I'm experiencing various erratic problems
when transferring files, especially large or many files at the same
time, over the network (ssh complaining about "Corrupted MAC on input"
or Windows [over Samba] about corrupt files).
Turning "offload check summing" off with ethtool didn't really help.

Kernel 3.11 shows no such behaviour. Has there been a significant change
in the network driver or in the USB mass storage driver?