[RFC] Sort out S5P SoCs support in mainline

Tomasz Figa tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:09:00 PDT 2014

On 28.05.2014 13:04, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2014 19:41:41 Kukjin Kim wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm wondering who need to support following SoCs/boards in mainline.
>>
>> * S5P64X0/SMDK6440 and SMDK6450
>> * S5PC100/SMDKC100
>>
>> If nobody is using them, how about to remove them from mainline?
>
> I talked about this with Tomasz Figa before, he also thinks they can be removed.
> I don't see any reason to keep them myself, and will apply a patch to remove
> them. Of course, if later somebody comes around who does need them, we can
> revert the patch to bring them back.

Or better, if later somebody comes around who does need them, we can add
them properly, using Device Tree and existing generic code.

Anyway, for removal of both s5p64x0 and s5pc100:

Acked-by: Tomasz Figa <t.figa at samsung.com>

Actually I have played a bit with the code to see how much can be
removed and ended up with following branch:

https://github.com/tom3q/linux.git v3.17-cleanup

Feel free to do _whatever_ you want with patches there.

Best regards,
Tomasz