[GIT PULL]]ARM: sirf: machine update for 3.16

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Mon May 26 15:05:37 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 08:28:24PM +0800, Barry Song wrote:

> >> Olof,
> >> i noticed today Daniel Lezcano applied two more clocksource patches
> >> into his tree for 3.16 after i re-built the sirf-soc-for-3.16 tag. so
> >> for this pull, there are only two left.
> >>
> >> Bin Shi (2):
> >>        clocksource: prima2: fix some minor checkpatch issues
> >>
> >> Xianglong Du (1):
> >>        ARM: prima2: rstc: fix some minor checkpatch issues
> >>
> >> so i did a force push for tags/sirf-soc-for-3.16 again just now
> >> including only these two.
> >>
> >> very sorry for that!
> >
> > Don't do this. If you need to add a patch to a branch, then you send us
> > a revised pull request with the new patch on top. Also, don't just send a reply
> > with "oh, I added some code". It makes it hard to use the diffstat to tell
> > whether what I pulled from you was what was supposed to be there and nothing
> > more (or less).
>
> Olof, i actually wanted to drop two patches in the patchset instead of
> adding more as the dropped patches have been applied in clocksource.
>
> i don't know whether REVISED PULL REQUEST can fix it or not?

If you dropped patches then there's no good way of amending in a new pull
request, no.

Are these patches bad? If so, we can revert them. If they need fixups because
of problems then we can take those as bugfixes on top. Let me know and I can do
either -- but I can't really drop the branch now since it will require me to
rebuild a big part of our tree.

So, I'll be happy to revert a couple of patches if needed, or take fixes on
top.

-Olof