[GIT PULL]]ARM: sirf: machine update for 3.16

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Wed May 21 13:51:20 PDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 01:39:20PM +0800, Barry Song wrote:

> >> hi Olof,
> >> i did a force update to tags/sirf-soc-for-3.16 after dropping
> >> "clocksource: marco: fix the affinity set for local timer of CPU1"
> >> which has been in clk tree , the new request is as below:
> >>
> >> The following changes since commit d1db0eea852497762cab43b905b879dfcd3b8987:
> >>
> >>   Linux 3.15-rc3 (2014-04-27 19:29:27 -0700)
> >>
> >> are available in the git repository at:
> >>
> >>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/baohua/linux.git
> >> tags/sirf-soc-for-3.16
> >>
> >> for you to fetch changes up to c7cff54d5926e3f419c23eff2ebaf6f5e12da05d:
> >>
> >>   clocksource:sirf: remove the hardcode for the clk of timers
> >> (2014-05-12 21:43:49 +0800)

> >> ARM: sirf: machine update for 3.16
> >>
> >> most of them fix some minor checkpatch issues according to key customers'
> >> requirement. And this patchset also cleanups the clk of clocksource: move
> >> to get clk by dts properity.
> >>

> > Merged into next/cleanup. Thanks.
>
> Olof,
> i noticed today Daniel Lezcano applied two more clocksource patches
> into his tree for 3.16 after i re-built the sirf-soc-for-3.16 tag. so
> for this pull, there are only two left.
>
> Bin Shi (2):
>        clocksource: prima2: fix some minor checkpatch issues
>
> Xianglong Du (1):
>        ARM: prima2: rstc: fix some minor checkpatch issues
>
> so i did a force push for tags/sirf-soc-for-3.16 again just now
> including only these two.
>
> very sorry for that!

Don't do this. If you need to add a patch to a branch, then you send us
a revised pull request with the new patch on top. Also, don't just send a reply
with "oh, I added some code". It makes it hard to use the diffstat to tell
whether what I pulled from you was what was supposed to be there and nothing
more (or less).

I have no idea what's in your branch now, nor what is supposed to be there.
What's in our tree now is in our tree -- I suggest you take a look and send an
updated pull request for the incremental contents, with a tag that describes
the new contents (but not the old).

-Olof