[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] ARM legacy board DT conversion finalization

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun May 11 07:22:36 PDT 2014

On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Jonathan Corbet <corbet at lwn.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2014 23:00:09 -0400
> Jason Cooper <jason at lakedaemon.net> wrote:
>
>> So, I'm proposing a session where each sub-arch gives a brief run-down
>> of the status of the legacy board conversion, and wraps up with a todo
>> list.  After all of the sub-arches have given their status (5 - 10
>> minutes each?), we hash out helping each other with the final pieces.
>
> This *really* looks like an ARM minisummit topic to me;

Agreed.

> hopefully one of those is in the works?

Not this year.

Last year we had a two-day workshop, and most of it ended up centered
around DT. This year, that topic has overlap with other architectures
so it's likely better handled as shared technical track topic.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of topics needing to be covered,
at least not based on the call for proposals at ELC (see reply from
Alexandre). So, we'll take a break this year and come back and
organize one next year if there's more material again.

I suppose it's a positive sign; things are running relatively smoothly
right now so there's less stuff to iron out in person, or at least to
iron out together with a roomful of attendees.

-Olof