[PATCH v4 00/11] ARM: Exynos: PMU cleanup and refactoring for using DT
pankaj.dubey at samsung.com
Fri May 9 23:56:27 PDT 2014
This patch series, does some minor cleanup of exynos machine files.
It also modifies Exynos Power Management Unit (PMU) related code for
converting it into a platform_driver. This is also preparation for moving
PMU related code out of machine folder into a either "drivers/mfd", or
"drivers/power" or some other suitable place so that ARM64 based SoC can
utilize common piece of code.
These patches require change in Exynos4 SoC dtsi files, which has been
posted as separate patch series.
These patches are created on top of Kukjin Kim's for-next (v3.15-rc1 tag)
branch and on top of Daniel Lezcano's Exynos cpuidle refactor patches .
These patches depends on following three patch series:
 mfd: syscon: Support early initialization
 Daniel Lezcano's Exynos cpuidle refactor patches
 Allow NULL property in syscon_early_regmap_lookup_by_phandle
We have tested these patches on SMDK5250 board for System boot and
Arndale (Exynos5250) board for System boot and PMU initialization and S2R.
For testing on Arndale (Exynos5250) board:
Tested-by: Pankaj Dubey <pankaj.dubey at samsung.com>
Changes Since v3:
- Addressed build fail issue in exynos.c as reported by Sachin Kamat.
- Optimized exynos_pmu_probe function by removing exynos_pmu_data_init
as suggested by Vikas Sajjan.
- Rebased on top of Sysram patches by Sachin Kamat.
- Modified syscon_early_regmap_lookup_by_phandle and
syscon_regmap_lookup_by_phandle function call to pass property as NULL.
Changes Since v2:
- Rebased on top of Daniel Lezcano's Exynos cpuidle refactor patches.
- Removed exynos_cpuidle_init and exynos_cpufreq_init code as suggested
by Tomasz Figa.
- Removed early mapping of PMU base address from exynos.c and removed
"get_exynos_pmuaddr" function. Instead of this added code in platsmp.c
to get PMU base address using of_iomap as suggested by Tomasz Figa.
- Converted PMU implementation into platform_driver by using static
Changes Since v1:
- Rebased on latest for-next of Kukjin Kim's tree.
- Added patch: "Make exynos machine_ops as static".
For making more cleanup in "mach-exynos/common.h"
as suggested by Tomasz Figa.
- Addressed comments of Tomasz Figa for cleaning "mach-exynos/common.h".
- Updated patch: Remove file path from comment section
As suggested by Michel Simek, instead of updating file path
lets remove them from each file under "mach-exynos".
Even though Kukjin pointed out that there is similar patch pending from
Sachin/Tushar but since I could not find I have included this here. If
I have missed something please point to any existing such patch.
- Updated patch: Add support for mapping PMU base address via DT
- Removed __initdata from declaration of "exynos_pmu_base", as it caused
kernel crash as pointed out by Vikas Sajjan.
- Added support for Syscon initialization and getting PMU regmap handle
as suggested by Sylwester. Since current implementation of early
intialization  has limitation that "early_syscon_init" requires
DT to be unflattened and system should be able to allocate memory,
we can't use regmap handles for platsmp.c file as "smp_secondary_init"
will be called before DT unflattening. So I have kept both method for
accessing PMU base address. platsmp.c will use ioremmaped address where
as rest other files can use regmap handle.
- Added patch: Remove "linux/bug.h" from pmu.c.
- Updated patch: Refactored code for PMU register mapping via DT
- Modified to use regmap_read/write when using regmap handle.
- Added patch: Move "mach/map.h" inclusion from regs-pmu.h to platsmp.c
- Added patch: Add device tree based initialization support for PMU.
- Convert existing PMU implementation to be a device tree based
before moving it to "drivers/mfd" folder. As suggested by Bartlomiej.
- Dropped making a platform_driver for PMU, as currently PMU binding
has two compatibility strings as "samsung, exynosxxx-pmu", "syscon",
once we enable MFD_SYSCON config option, current "syscon" driver probe
gets called and PMU probe never gets called. So modified PMU
initialization code to scan DT and match against supported compatiblity
string in driver code, and once we get matching node use that for
accessing PMU regmap handle using "syscon_early_regmap_lookup_by_phandle".
If there is any better solution please suggest.
Pankaj Dubey (7):
ARM: EXYNOS: Make exynos machine_ops as static
ARM: EXYNOS: Move cpufreq and cpuidle device registration to
ARM: EXYNOS: Remove file path from comment section
ARM: EXYNOS: Remove "linux/bug.h" from pmu.c
ARM: EXYNOS: Refactored code for using PMU address via DT
ARM: EXYNOS: Move "mach/map.h" inclusion from regs-pmu.h to platsmp.c
ARM: EXYNOS: Add platform driver support for Exynos PMU.
Young-Gun Jang (4):
ARM: EXYNOS: Move SYSREG definition into sys-reg specific file.
ARM: EXYNOS: Remove regs-pmu.h header dependency from pm_domain
ARM: EXYNOS: Add support for mapping PMU base address via DT
ARM: EXYNOS: Move PMU specific definitions from common.h
arch/arm/Kconfig | 1 +
arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.h | 27 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos-pmu.h | 31 ++
arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c | 84 +++--
arch/arm/mach-exynos/headsmp.S | 2 -
arch/arm/mach-exynos/hotplug.c | 7 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/include/mach/map.h | 3 -
arch/arm/mach-exynos/include/mach/memory.h | 3 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/platsmp.c | 42 ++-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm.c | 79 ++--
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm_domains.c | 8 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pmu.c | 271 +++++++++++---
arch/arm/mach-exynos/regs-pmu.h | 512 +++++++++++++-------------
arch/arm/mach-exynos/regs-sys.h | 22 ++
arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/map-s5p.h | 1 -
15 files changed, 665 insertions(+), 428 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos-pmu.h
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-exynos/regs-sys.h
More information about the linux-arm-kernel