omap4-panda-es boot issues with v3.15-rc4
rogerq at ti.com
Thu May 8 05:53:24 PDT 2014
Nishant pointed me to a booting issue with omap4-panda-es on linux-next but I'm observing
similar issues, although less frequent, with v3.15-rc4 as well.
- kernel v3.15-rc4 or linux-next (20140507)
- multi_v7_defconfig with LEDS_TRIGGER_HEARTBEAT and LEDS_GPIO enabled
- u-boot/master 173d294b94cf
- Out of 10 boots a few may not succeed and hang midway without any warnings. Heartbeat LED stops.
- Hang more noticeable on linux-next (20140507) than on v3.15-rc4
- Hang more noticeable with USB_EHCI_HCD enabled but hang observed even without USB_EHCI_HCD.
Maybe related to when high speed interrupts occur in the boot process.
- On successful boots following warning is seen
[ 4.010375] gic_timer_retrigger: lost localtimer interrupt
- On successful boots heartbeat LED stops blinking after boot process and left idle. LED can remain stuck in
ON state as well. It does blink again when doing activity on console.
- Disabling CPU_IDLE or even just disabling C3 (MPU OSWR) seems to fix all the above issues.
I don't really know what exactly is the issue but it seems to be specific to OMAP4, GIC, MPU OSWR.
More information about the linux-arm-kernel