[E1000-devel] ARM support for igb driver

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Tue May 6 08:18:53 PDT 2014

On Monday 05 May 2014, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> Glad to hear that this is working on your ARM platform as expected.
>
> I believe the issue Shiv is having is due to a problem with the specific
> platform as the IGB device is reporting a Data Link Protocol error via
> AER and I believe this is what is causing his platform issues.  On
> enabling BME the device is likely signalling a Fatal Error message in
> response to the DLP error.  The original error he was seeing was:
>
> Unhandled fault: imprecise external abort (0x1406) at 0x00000000

This isn't too uncommon. There are a couple of traditional PCI host drivers
that register an imprecise external abort handler to catch this and
then look at the host controller registers.

Out of the pcie hosts, only drivers/pci/host/pci-imx6.c catches
this error, but it then goes on to ignore it, not even printing
a message about it.

Shiv, which host controller driver are you using?

	Arnd