mach-spear SMP questions

Alex Elder elder at linaro.org
Thu Mar 27 09:33:38 EDT 2014

I'm doing some code cleanup and have a question about
something related to SMP in mach-spear.  Can anyone
help me with these questions?

My question has to do with how secondary cores start for
SMP.  Most machines need to send a wakeup event from the
boot core to each secondary core as it is told to start.
But mach-spear does not do this.  I'd like to know if this
is an oversight, or confirm that this is simply not necessary
for this machine.

Also, while most machines touch a memory location and then
do a targeted cache involving only that location, mach-spear
does a full flush.  Is the full flush really required for
some reason?

Thanks.

					-Alex