[ARM ATTEND] DeviceTree status

Rob Herring robherring2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:55:01 EDT 2014

I will be attending ELC. I think I may be the only DT maintainer
attending (the rest were too scared).

For the ARM summit, I can give a summary of what's happened in DT land
since the last ARM summit. There's been some good progress although
probably not as much as anyone would like. Given the last summit, I'm
sure there is more to discuss. If not, I'm available for beers to
celebrate solving all the issues. ;)

A key question to discuss is: are DT binding reviews improving?

I also think the process for handling stable vs. unstable bindings
needs more discussion. We also need to discuss how to deprecate
existing "stable" bindings in order to have a way to stop new usage of
poorly designed bindings we want to phase out.

Rob