[GIT PULL] nommu fixes for 3.17-rc1

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Mon Jun 30 10:00:37 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

> Your reasoning is that mach-integrator now doesn't work with !MMU any more
> since it selects ARM_PATCH_PHYS_VIRT, and that no other platform uses
> these CPUs. The change to integrator was done as a preparation for
> multiplatform support and probably did not mean to remove support for !MMU
> integrator.

Well actually the !MMU case has probably never really worked on the
Integrator. I never heard of anyone doing that. The only person who ever
mentioned running !MMU tiles (such as the 740 or 94x variants) was Will
Deacon and I don't know if he ever got it anywhere.

However if it is a good testbase for people synthesizing these old non-MMU
ARM cores still and using Linux with them, then it would make sense to
get that into shape and supported I guess? Especially now that the
Integrator machine is soon-ish even multiplatform (famous last words).

So we need some input here ...

Yours,
Linus Walleij