[Patch v7 0/3] DWC3 USB support for Qualcomm platform
agross at codeaurora.org
Mon Jun 30 09:03:50 PDT 2014
These patches add basic support for USB3.0 controllers found
on MSM platforms. USB3.0 core is based on Synopsys DesignWare
This work was started by Ivan Ivanov and went through a number of iterations. I
picked these patches up and did a little rework to get them working.
Changes since v6:
* Renamed all MSM references to qcom, including file names
* Removed direct TCSR manipulation. This done from new TCSR driver.
* Added defines for register bits
* XO clk is optional on some platforms. Corrected logic to handle this.
* Ignore set_voltage failures. This allows us to support dummy regulators on
platforms where there is no voltage control.
* Reworked devicetree binding to remove TCSR reg resources
Changes since v5:
* devicetree bindings descriptions fixes
* Fixed NULL pointer dereferences in dev_prink's
* Removed extra space in "sleep " clock name
Changes since v4:
* Substitute references to "wc3" with just "dw" in USB PHY drivers and
file names. This is to indicate that the PHY's are DesignWare, but
not necessarily related to DWC3 IP core.
Changes since v3:
* Remove "_clk" suffix from clock names
* Clarify required child node for qcom,dwc3
* Fix comments in functions headers
* Use dbg instead err in drivers probe functions.
Changes since v2:
* Several improvements in devicetree bindings description
* Disable regulators in glue layer if there is error during
Changes since first version:
* Split devicetree bindings description file to separate patch
* Address comments for device bindings description
* Fix typo in 'gdsc' requlator name.
Ivan T. Ivanov (3):
usb: dwc3: Add Qualcomm DWC3 glue layer driver
usb: phy: Add Qualcomm DWC3 HS/SS PHY drivers
usb: dwc3: qcom: Add device tree binding
.../devicetree/bindings/usb/qcom,dwc3.txt | 104 ++++++
drivers/usb/dwc3/Kconfig | 9 +
drivers/usb/dwc3/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/usb/dwc3/dwc3-qcom.c | 153 ++++++++
drivers/usb/phy/Kconfig | 11 +
drivers/usb/phy/Makefile | 2 +
drivers/usb/phy/phy-qcom-hsusb.c | 348 ++++++++++++++++++
drivers/usb/phy/phy-qcom-ssusb.c | 385 ++++++++++++++++++++
8 files changed, 1013 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/usb/qcom,dwc3.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/usb/dwc3/dwc3-qcom.c
create mode 100644 drivers/usb/phy/phy-qcom-hsusb.c
create mode 100644 drivers/usb/phy/phy-qcom-ssusb.c
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
hosted by The Linux Foundation
More information about the linux-arm-kernel