mainline boot: 64 boots: 62 pass, 2 fail (v3.16-rc1-2-gebe0618)

Andreas Färber afaerber at suse.de
Thu Jun 26 10:04:19 PDT 2014

Hi Kevin and Tushar,

Am 26.06.2014 16:59, schrieb Kevin Hilman:
>> IMO, the bug is in u-boot and we should fix that.
>
> I agree that the u-boot bug needs to be fixed, and FWIW, I updated my
> u-boot and haven't seen the boot failure yet after several boots with
> next-20140625.

Could you clarify your test setup: Are you using the original InSignal
SPL [1] with just your own u-boot.bin? Or do you have access to some
newer Samsung-signed SPL?

> That being said, since it's not always feasible/practical to update
> u-boot, and when it comes down to it, this is still a kernel
> regression, we should also fix the kernel to sanity check the values
> coming from u-boot, like it was doing before.

Sounds good.

Apart from this memory issue here, I noticed that CPUs don't appear to
be in HYP mode for virtualization, which had required a signed SPL
update for the ODROID-XU [2]. And to me it looks as if there's no
Arndale Octa support in upstream U-Boot [3], no real maintenance on the
InSignal fork [4] and a policy of not cooperating with others [5].

Thanks,
Andreas

[1] http://forum.insignal.co.kr/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3199
[2] http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2778&start=40#p32581