A clockevent IRQ delivery question

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Fri Jun 20 08:23:36 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:18:58AM -0500, Jon Loeliger wrote:
> > There was a notifier for cpu bootup but Thomas added a force affinity api,
> > so even if the cpu is not in the online mask, the irq is correctly set
> > (commit 30ccf03b).
>
> Ah, I see.  I'll track that commit down.  Thanks.

Note that there is an outstanding bug report that the IRQ affinity
forcing breaks CPU hotplug... which would be a regression.  Linus'
policy is that if a bug fix causes a new regression, then the bug
fix is wrong and needs to be reverted.

So... don't hang your hopes on this just yet... the "fix" for this
_has_ caused a regression elsewhere, and we need to sort out what
we're doing about that first.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: now at 9.7Mbps down 460kbps up... slowly
improving, and getting towards what was expected from it.