Boot warnings on exynos5420 based boards

Srivatsa S. Bhat srivatsa.bhat at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 17 05:24:49 PDT 2014

On 06/17/2014 05:25 PM, Sachin Kamat wrote:
> Hi Srivatsa,
>
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Srivatsa S. Bhat
> <srivatsa.bhat at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>>> I am unable to apply your below patch on top of the above 2 reverts.
>>> Applying: CPU hotplug, smp: Execute any pending IPI callbacks before CPU offline
>>> fatal: corrupt patch at line 106
>>> Patch failed at 0001 CPU hotplug, smp: Execute any pending IPI
>>> callbacks before CPU offline
>>>
>>> Even with 'patch' I get the below failures:
>>> patching file kernel/smp.c
>>> Hunk #2 FAILED at 53.
>>> Hunk #3 FAILED at 179.
>>> 2 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file kernel/smp.c.rej
>>>

>> Hmm, weird. My mailer must have screwed it up.
>>
>> Let's try again:
>>
>> [In case this also doesn't work for you, please use this git tree in which
>>  I have reverted the 2 old commits and added this updated patch.
>>
>>  git://github.com/srivatsabhat/linux.git ipi-offline-fix-v3
>> ]
>
> Unfortunately the attached patch did not apply either. Nevertheless, I
> applied the
> patch from your above mentioned tree. With that patch I do not see the warnings
> that I mentioned in my first mail. Thanks for fixing it.

Sure, thanks for reporting the bug and testing the updated patch!
By the way, I think there is some problem in the workflow that you use to
copy-paste/apply the patch. I tried applying both patches (that I sent in
2 different mails) and both applied properly without any problems.

Regards,
Srivatsa S. Bhat