[PATCH v6 0/9] seccomp: add thread sync ability
keescook at chromium.org
Tue Jun 10 20:25:12 PDT 2014
[re-send with smaller CC list]
This adds the ability for threads to request seccomp filter
synchronization across their thread group (at filter attach time).
For example, for Chrome to make sure graphic driver threads are fully
confined after seccomp filters have been attached.
To support this, locking on seccomp changes is introduced, along with
refactoring of no_new_privs. Races with thread creation/death are handled
This includes a new syscall (instead of adding a new prctl option),
as suggested by Andy Lutomirski and Michael Kerrisk.
- switch from seccomp-specific lock to thread-group lock to gain atomicity
- implement seccomp syscall across all architectures with seccomp filter
- clean up sparse warnings around locking
- move includes around (drysdale)
- drop set_nnp return value (luto)
- use smp_load_acquire/store_release (luto)
- merge nnp changes to seccomp always, fewer ifdef (luto)
- cleaned up locking further, as noticed by David Drysdale
- added SECCOMP_EXT_ACT_FILTER for new filter install options
- reworked to avoid clone races
More information about the linux-arm-kernel