exynos5420-peach-pi: linux-next boot fails unless mau_epll left enabled?

Doug Anderson dianders at google.com
Tue Jun 10 10:39:32 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:48 PM, Shaik Ameer Basha
<shaik.samsung at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> We tested on 3 "peach-pi" boards. We are not observing this issue.
>
> Even I tried with the below defconfig mentioned by you. No issues observed.
> https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/overlays/chromiumos-overlay/+/master/eclass/cros-kernel/exynos5_defconfig
>
> This is the u-boot version currently we are using.
> U-Boot 2013.04 (Feb 13 2014 - 16:35:03) for Peach
>
> Can you provide us more inputs like uboot version or any extra patches
> you applied?
> Also try removing all power domain nodes from exynos5420.dtsi and
> check whether it is reproduced.

OK, we've narrowed it down so you can reproduce this and debug it...

To reproduce, simply run "sound init" at the U-Boot command prompt
before booting the kernel.  ...or, alternatively, run "mw.l 03810000
1".

Can you please confirm and then send up some patches to fix this?

--

I'm still a little confused about how Javier didn't run into this.
Both Kevin and Javier are (I think) chain-booting nv-U-Boot from a

-Doug