Exynos induced build error with recent arm-soc

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Mon Jun 2 21:03:55 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
<linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> Spotted with a randconfig today:
>
> arch/arm/mach-exynos/built-in.o: In function `exynos_set_cpu_boot_addr':
> pm_domains.c:(.text+0x19c): undefined reference to `sysram_ns_base_addr'
> arch/arm/mach-exynos/built-in.o:(.data+0x94): undefined reference to `exynos_enter_aftr'
>
> This should be fixed before the merge window...
>
> The failing .config is:
>
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/build/file.php?lid=8598
>
> and the resulting build log with errors:
>
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/build/result.php?type=log&cid=3001&lid=8600&format=build
>
> Thanks.

Ah, yes, definitely needs fixing. Looks like sysram_base_addr can
cause similar problems if CONFIG_SUSPEND -> CONFIG_PM_SLEEP is enabled
on !SMP.

The setup (and location) for these variables need to be moved out of
platsmp.c. exynos.c seems like as good a place as any in this case.
I'll post a patch separately in a few minutes.

-Olof