OMAP baseline test results for v3.16-rc4

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Mon Jul 28 23:42:43 PDT 2014

* Paul Walmsley <paul at pwsan.com> [140725 12:16]:
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2014, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>
> > With v3.16-rc4 the PM features for omap3 should be working
> > finally for device tree based booting. At lest beaglexm and
> > 3xxevm should work.
>
> Just to follow up briefly on this: there was indeed a bug in the OMAP3
> test scripts here that resulted in the UART wakeup not being enabled.
>
> Once that was fixed, system suspend-based chip-retention and chip-off
> modes work.

OK

> However, scheduler-idle based chip-retention and chip-off still are not
> working.  Looking at the logs, it appears that some domains are not
> dynamically going idle.  For example, looking at:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.16-rc6/20140724142225/pm/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt
>
> it can be seen that core_pwrdm's retention count doesn't increase between
> the two PM debug dumps.  The important lines are:
>
> core_pwrdm (ON),OFF:0,RET:2,INA:0,ON:3,RET-LOGIC-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK1-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK2-OFF:0
>
> and
>
> core_pwrdm (ON),OFF:0,RET:2,INA:0,ON:3,RET-LOGIC-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK1-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK2-OFF:0
>
> That's why the test reports mark the dynamic PM modes as failing.

> Here's an example where things worked:
>
> http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.10/20130717134228/pm/3530es3beagle/3530es3beagle_log.txt
>
> In this one, it can be seen that the CORE counts transitioned from:
>
> core_pwrdm (ON),OFF:0,RET:2,INA:0,ON:3,RET-LOGIC-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK1-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK2-OFF:0

> core_pwrdm (ON),OFF:0,RET:10,INA:0,ON:11,RET-LOGIC-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK1-OFF:0,RET-MEMBANK2-OFF:0
>
> between the retention suspend/resume test ending and the dynamic
> retention idle test ending.

Hmm I think the difference with the working v3.10 one is that you have
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 instead of root=/dev/nfs. As the Ethernet on beagle
is on the USB EHCI, this is still blocking the deeper idle states AFAIK.

Care to test -rc7 with root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 to see if that works?

On the am37xx-evm nfsroot will work as it's on the GPMC bus.

Regards,

Tony