[RFC] cpufreq: Add bindings for CPU clock sharing topology

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Sun Jul 20 05:07:32 PDT 2014

On 19 July 2014 20:54, Santosh Shilimkar <santosh.shilimkar at ti.com> wrote:
> Sorry for jumping late

No, you aren't late. Its just 2 days old thread :)

> but one of the point I was raising as part of your
> other series was to extend the CPU topology bindings to cover the voltage
> domain information which is probably what is really needed to let the
> CPUfreq extract the information. Not sure if it was already discussed.

Not it wasn't.

> After all the CPU clocks, cluster, clock-gating, power domains are pretty much
> related. So instead of having new binding for CPUFreq, I was wondering whether
> we can extend the CPU topology binding information to include missing information.
> Scheduler work anyway needs that information.
>
> Ref: Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/topology.txt
>
> Does that make sense ?

Yeah it does, but I am not sure what exactly the bindings should look then.
So, the most basic step could be moving the new bindings to topology.txt
and name clock-master to dvfs-master.

What else?

If its going to be much controversial then we *can* go for just dvfs bindings
for now and then update them later.

Doesn't make sense? :)