[GIT PULL] Renesas ARM Based SoC Boards Cleanups Updates for v3.17

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sat Jul 19 11:55:48 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 08:59:25AM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> Hi Olof, Hi Kevin, Hi Arnd,
>
> Please consider these Renesas ARM based SoC Boards Cleanups updates for v3.17.
>
> This pull request is based on a merge of:
>
> * "Fourth Round of Renesas ARM Based SoC Defconfig Updates for v3.17",
>   tagged as renesas-defconfig4-for-v3.17,
>   which I have sent a pull request for.
>
>   The reason for this dependency is to avoid attempts to use
>   genmai_defconfig after the board code it relies on has been removed.

I'd prefer not to add this dependency. It's not a big deal to have a defconfig
that won't build momentarily, it doesn't cause any real harm and I'd rather
avoid keeping this merge/dependency. Can you respin this?

> * "Renesas ARM Based SoC DT Timers Updates for v3.17",
>   tagged as renesas-dt-timers-for-v3.17,
>   which I have sent a pull request for.

Hmm. You're doing cleanups on top of new development instead of the other way
around. Try to avoid that in future releases if you can.

-Olof