[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: DT changes for v3.17

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Fri Jul 18 15:20:57 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 03:29:53PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 17 July 2014 08:35:50 Jason Cooper wrote:
> > Olof, Arnd, please merge this request.  I can re-send if you need.
> > 
> > We have more changes pending in mvebu/dt on top of this, and we're
> > getting very close to the cutoff for the merge window.
> Please send both pull requests now so we can look at the whole
> picture. No need for you to wait for this to be merged before
> sending the follow-up pull request.
> I think we should just merge, there is no nice solution for
> the technical problem and the approach you have taken looks
> like the least problematic one to me.
> Olof, any further thoughts on this?

I have a CuBox, and based on USB id for the UART, it's an ES model.

Since the only thing that breaks seems to be SD, I can personally live with
that just fine even if I have to refer to the non-ES dtb for backwards

If this requires more discussion then the obvious solution is to leave out
these patches and send the superceding DT pull request of a branch that doesn't
have them. I think we can take this as it is for now though -- I suspect in
reality the number of affected ES owners should be pretty small?


More information about the linux-arm-kernel mailing list