[linux-3.10.17] Could not allocate memory from free CMA areas

Pintu Kumar pintu.k at outlook.com
Fri Jul 11 18:27:12 PDT 2014

Hi All,

No reply on the below.

Does anybody came across with the similar issues?
Please let me know if any fixes are already available.

Issues:
1) When free memory pages and CMA free pages are almost equal, min watermark check is failing, resulting in swapping.
2) Almost all the free memory in system is CMA free memory.
3) When ZRAM tries to allocate pages from CMA free areas, the allocation fails.

Please refer below for more details.

Thank you!
Regards,
Pintu