[PATCH 00/16] CPU Idle for Armada 370 and Armada 38x
thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 1 07:38:11 PDT 2014
Dear Gregory CLEMENT,
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:51:39 +0200, Gregory CLEMENT wrote:
> > I'd like to do some testing of this patch series, especially in big
> > endian situations. Do you have a Git repository where this version was
> > pushed?
> Yes sure, the branch CPU-Idle-mvebu-next-3.16-rc2-V1 on
Ok, I've tested the following cases:
* Armada XP LE and BE: it shouldn't be affected by your patch series,
and indeed, it works fine.
* Armada 370 LE worked fine.
* Armada 370 BE didn't work, I had to fix the code in
pmsu.c/pmsu_ll.S. I already replied to the appropriate patch to
indicate what was wrong.
* Armada 375 LE worked fine. Armada 375 BE was also affected by the
same issue as Armada 370 BE because they use the same work-around
for the boot issue (Armada 375 Z1 of course, since Armada 375 A0 is
not affected). With the fix added for big-endian, Armada 375 BE
works again (i.e its SMP initialization works).
* Armada 38x LE and BE worked fine (there was a completely unrelated
issue in the SMP initialization of 38x in BE, I'll sent a patch
shortly for this).
So all in all, in terms of testing, despite the minor fix for the BE
configuration, it looks good to me.
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
More information about the linux-arm-kernel