NFS client broken in Linus' tip

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jan 30 09:27:52 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 06:14:05AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 02:08:34PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> > into nfs3_proc_create(), but this ends up calling down into nfs3_get_acl(),
> > which does this:
> >
> >         if (!nfs_server_capable(inode, NFS_CAP_ACLS))
> >                 return ERR_PTR(-EOPNOTSUPP);
>
> Does replacing that return with a
>
> 		return NULL;
>
> fix the issue for you?

Yes and no.  I still end up with an empty /etc/mtab, but the file now
exists.  However, I can create and echo data into /etc/mtab, but it seems
that can't happen at boot time.

I also find that kerberos doesn't work - again, it's weird - I can create
the file which kerberos is trying to create in /var/tmp (which is also on
the root nfs) manually, but when the kerberos daemons try to create it,
it fails with -EOPNOTSUPP.  The kerberos daemon is running as uid 0 at
that point (I don't know about the other uids/gids though since I wasn't
able to catch them in the strace.)

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: 5.8Mbps down 500kbps up.  Estimation
in database were 13.1 to 19Mbit for a good line, about 7.5+ for a bad.