[RFC/PATCH] ARM: dove: Remove UBI support from defconfig

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel.garcia at free-electrons.com
Mon Jan 27 10:14:30 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:00:40AM -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:26:29AM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> > As NAND support is not enabled by default, it's hard to see
> > why we'd want to have UBI support. Let's remove it.
>
> I'd rather add support for the nand.

Well, there isn't any Dove board (that we currently support) with a NAND
device. Would you still want to add it?

In that case, we should consider adding UBIFS as well. Having CONFIG_UBI
by itself doesn't make any sense.
--
Ezequiel García, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android Engineering