GPIO triggers kernel reboot

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Mon Jan 27 01:17:18 EST 2014

Hello John,

Am 25.01.2014 21:24, schrieb Mehaffey, John:
> [...]

Thanks for your answer!
Hmm.. but has this a chance to go into mainline?

> Or if a simple reboot is all that you want, examine the several reboot APIs in kernel/reboot.c

A current implementation from a customer is for an arm, am335x based board
to add in board setup code:

         ret = request_irq(OMAP_GPIO_IRQ(RESET_BUTTON_IRQ_GPIO)
                 , (irq_handler_t)arm_pm_restart, IRQF_TRIGGER_LOW, "reset button", NULL);

and as I want to bring this board to mainline, I think this is not
an acceptable/good way ... or?

bye,
Heiko