How to support SDIO wifi/bt in DT

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun Jan 19 18:30:08 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 12:09:25AM +0100, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 11:29:55AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote :
> > The "multi-slot" concept I was talking about was one host controller
> > for several physical slots. Seems like at91 implements _and_ uses this
> > but nobody else. However, it seems that they allocate one mmc host per
> > slot, so the same model still works.
> >

> I think we need to be extra careful about the DT bindings then because
> adding a property in a slot is requiring handling that in the at91
> driver whereas adding a common property for the various mmc hosts can be
> done in the core code.
>
> From what I remember, it would be really good to put the DT parsing for
> the slots in the core code but I only had a really quick look at that.

The patches I have here do it all in the core per host with common
bindings. I hope to post them tonight. They should fit the at91 model
just fine as well, since they do each slot as a mmc_host, not as a separate
slot with a shared host controller.

(Some drivers don't seem to call mmc_of_parse(), which they will need to do to
take advantage of the common implementation. But that can be addressed driver
by driver as someone has a chance to test it).

-Olof