How to support SDIO wifi/bt in DT

Olof Johansson olof at lixom.net
Sun Jan 19 14:29:55 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jan 2014, Rob Herring wrote:

>> > The Marvell 8688, just to name one, does both WIFI and BlueTooth over
>> > the same SDIO controller using separate functions/slots.
>>
>> But that is logical functions within a chip, not multiple discrete
>> chips (i.e. slots) with their own reset, regulators, etc.
>
> OK.  If that's the definition of a slot in this context then I agree.

Correct -- the device that I've been doing the work in is actually the
combined wifi/bluetooth module on the Samsung Chromebook, which is a
Marvell 8797. It has multiple functions which still work well.

The "multi-slot" concept I was talking about was one host controller
for several physical slots. Seems like at91 implements _and_ uses this
but nobody else. However, it seems that they allocate one mmc host per
slot, so the same model still works.

-Olof