How to support SDIO wifi/bt in DT

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jan 17 09:47:54 EST 2014

On Friday 17 January 2014, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Olof Johansson wrote:
>
> > "for SDIO slots" is somewhat misleading; nearly all controllers only
> > do one slot/device per controller. The designware controller can do
> > multiple slots, and that adds a bit of driver and binding complexity
> > for something that seemingly not a single vendor has actually
> > implemented.
>
> The Marvell 8688, just to name one, does both WIFI and BlueTooth over
> the same SDIO controller using separate functions/slots.
>
> Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you?

I wasn't aware of this but I just checked (in mmc_attach_sdio) that
there can be multiple functions on a slot. I assume the sd8688 has
a single slot with two functions, so that potentially extends the
problem space if we need to supply clocks and regulators per
function rather than just per slot.

	Arnd