AArch64 kernel image decompression

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 14 13:53:02 EST 2014

Dear Olof,

In message <CAOesGMj0HPWD=Mavt1ut+Oze4KQZHjhHmcKTcdKELaF=Or8XsA at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > The FIT image approach as suggested by Marek also allows for secure
> > boot methods (like cryptographically signed images); this is used in
> > production for several systems, including the Google Chromebook.
>
> This can very easily be misunderstood so I would like to clarify:
> Chromebooks do not use the fitImage version of signatures and
> verification, it is done independently from a separate library that
> wraps either a zImage (x86) or a fitImage (ARM).

This is not what I'm talking about.  What I mean is the support for
Verified Boot (see [1]) and FIT Signature Verification (see [2]) which
is done with plain FIT images, without additional wrapping.

[1] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/uImage.FIT/verified-boot.txt
[2] http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=doc/uImage.FIT/signature.txt

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't hit a man when he's down - kick him; it's easier.