imx-drm and pwm-backlight

Christian Gmeiner christian.gmeiner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 07:16:21 EST 2014

Hi all.

I am working on a product based on the imx6 where a display is
connected via ldb.
There are two gpio pins which are used to control the LCD_ON and the
BACKLIGHT_ON
of the used display.

Now I run into two issues:

1) The backlight gets turned on before the imx-drm driver is loaded/ready.
For a fraction of a second the last or random framebuffer content gets shown.

2) If the backlight gets turned off and on the shown picture flickers
for some seconds
until it gets back to normal. I have talked to the display vendor and they told
me that I need to use the correct timings for LCD_ON etc.

Do I need to use a regulator to archive this?

thanks
--
Christian Gmeiner, MSc