[RFC] drivers: irq-chip: Enable SGI's for Secure-to-NonSecure communication use-cases

Hiremath, Vaibhav hvaibhav at ti.com
Mon Jan 6 11:12:20 EST 2014

You have any other alternative?

> I also think you need to think more about the changes you're making in your
> patch - several of them seem to have just been a case of s/32/0/ without any
> further thought whether that change is actually appropriate.
> Really, I'd suggest reading the GIC documentation, especially the bits about the
> first register being banked between each CPU.
>
> So changing the setup in the distributor initialisation is only going to hit the
> register on the CPU it's running on...

I completely agree with you and I am willing to spend time to have more generic implementation,
which will also handle banked registers. The changes were just to prove the secure-to-nonsecure
 communication concept which I wanted to introduce here as part of this RFC.

I will quote my statement again

"I understand that, lot of things I need to take care from SMP architecture
perspective.
Based on the feedback I can spend more time to make below changes more
generic to handle both uniprocessor and multi-processor architectures
including more validation."

Thanks,
Vaibhav