Issue with the emulated PCI bridge implementation

Jason Gunthorpe jgunthorpe at obsidianresearch.com
Fri Jan 3 13:44:24 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 01:22:31PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> However the part that made me wonder is that an e1000e with a PCI bridge
> actually /should/not/ need to allocate an I/O space window with a precious
> mbus resource, since AFAIK this adapter does not have an I/O space BARs.

IIRC the e1000 still has a legacy IO port BAR.. (guessing it is used
for PXE boot on x86?)

My patch set to allow the DT to turn off IO port allocation is already
in mainline - drop the IO ranges from the DT and no IO resources are
consumed at all.

Though, that is an interesting point, a small refinement would be to
not allocate the pci io map if IO is turned off as well..

Jason