DT include files (was: [GIT PULL 2/2] ARM: imx: device tree changes for 3.14)

Shawn Guo shawn.guo at linaro.org
Thu Jan 2 22:04:57 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 06:41:30PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Ok, then it's probably just the location of the header files that
> should be adjusted. Other subsystems have placed them under
> include/dt-bindings/<subsystem>, so that's likely a better place for
> these as well, don't you think?

I had a little discussion with DT people when the headers were firstly
created.  These pinctrl headers are a little different from the headers
in include/dt-bindings/<subsystem>.  The latter are used by both kernel
and device tree sources, while the pinctrl headers are used by device
tree sources only, so I chose to put them just in the same folder as
dts files.  And DT people are fine with my take.

Shawn