[BUG] shmobile build failure

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Jan 2 18:23:25 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 03:20:36PM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <linux at arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 09:36:07AM -0800, Olof Johansson wrote:

> >> Yeah, I noticed this too but hadn't had a chance to report it yet --
> >> holidays followed by getting sick.
> >>
> >> I'm guessing they have a dependency on clk rework that we haven't merged.
> >
> > Have you run any allmod or allyesconfig builds recently?  The logs from
> > those builds are excessively big and unreadable due to this:
> >
> > warning: __mcount_loc already exists: object-file.o
> >
> > being spat out for every object file being built, and I can't figure out
> > what's causing that.
>

> Hm, no I have not. Do you have a feel for when it began? I can do a bisect.

I don't know - I've only recently re-enabled those builds.  There's
suggestions from other architectures that it may be toolchain related -
some people have blamed binutils for it, but I'm running binutils 2.22.

Hence why I'm interested if others see this too.

--
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: 5.8Mbps down 500kbps up.  Estimation
in database were 13.1 to 19Mbit for a good line, about 7.5+ for a bad.