[RFC] cpufreq: Add bindings for CPU clock sharing topology

Viresh Kumar viresh.kumar at linaro.org
Mon Aug 25 00:05:44 PDT 2014

On 26 July 2014 01:32, Mike Turquette <mike.turquette at linaro.org> wrote:
> So my opinion is to figure out how to specify the shared-clock versus
> independent-clock parameter it DT. I think the big issue here is the
> topology semantics around the cpus node, and I'll stay out of that
> stuff. But let's please not introduce a random API for a single merge
> window and let's also not over-consolidate machine driver code just for
> the sake of having fewer C files.

Returning almost after a month to this :(

- I agree that consolidation to cpufreq-cpu0 driver is good but adding a
backend clk driver for that is bad. I would look around supporting callbacks
to cpufreq-cpu0 driver. So that ->target()/->target_index() can be specified
by platform drivers and rest of the code can be used. But that's the next
problem to solve.

- Back to the first issue. How do we sharing information from DT ?

As I read them (and I may be wrong in understanding that), there were
conflicting ideas from many..

Can we please decide how we want to see these bindings? So, that I can
implement them quickly and close this thread...

Its just hanging in the middle as there wasn't a single clean solution yet.

--
viresh